Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thing 2: Investigate Some Other Blogs

Man, my mind is exploding at the number of blogs there are to look at. I've gone back and forth from the Delicious page way too many times and for way longer than I would like to admit. In fact, during the first time I started looking around, I finally stopped and took a break when I tried to go back to the page and it told me the link was broken. I interpret that as my computers way of telling me, "You are crazy and need to stop." As massive as the list is, I'm super pumped that so many people are participating! And more and more keep joining! For now, I'm going to pause on the investigating front and post about my findings.

First, I'll admit, my investigating was rather disorganized. I wanted to find people that also worked in public libraries, but, at the same time, I didn't want to limit my options. So, I did narrow the search down to public libraries. However, in the end, I just organized alphabetically and chose randomly. Of course, the blog title had a lot to do with the appeal, but, again, with the not wanting to limit things, I didn't let the titles limit my selection. While looking at the blogs, some participants had already posted about Thing 2, and it was neat to see what other blogs piqued their interest. With the number of blogs out there, I'm beginning to think my blog is going to get lost in the shuffle. However, I'm going to be optimistic and say someone will find this thing and read it.

Now, for a few of my findings:

I was pleased to find some cpd23 newbies like myself such as Books Make the World a Happier Place. Not only a first timer like me but a circ. worker too. It'll be interesting to read about her experiences both with cpd23 and, if she chooses to write about it, with her work.

Fiction&Fotos immediately grabbed my attention because of the word fotos. I, too, enjoy photography and look forward to her posts.

folderol and geegaw is not only a great blog title, but I believe it will also be a handy blog to read because this is her second time doing 23 Things. I'm also eager to read any posts she may write about her experiences with graduate school.

I encourage everyone to read the Thing 1 post at Organising Chaos. Though I've been excited about cpd23 since I first read about it, I would be completely lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Her post put me at ease and made all the little butterflies gnawing at my stomach disappear.

That's just a small sampling of the many blogs I viewed. Without a doubt, there is a great variety of blogs to choose from, and my investigating has only begun. I'm sure I'll continue having a look around throughout this entire experience. I mean, come on, it was hard enough to stop myself in the few days I've been looking.

Hope everyone is enjoying the experience as much as I am. Happy blogging!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link - and glad my post was helpful! I like your blog so far, nice start to the project :)

    One of the things I love about programmes like CPD23 is that you get to see such a great cross-section of other librarians and their work. I know almost nothing about public library work, and still less about public libraries in the US, so am looking forward to finding out more by reading your blog and those of other public librarians.

    Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your favorite library blog links for CPD23. Now I have more links to check out.

    I'm looking forward to reading more about your experiences with 23 Things for Professional Development.

    Rekesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks woodsiegirl and Rekesha!

    ReplyDelete