Thursday, June 23, 2011

Zorgamazoo by Robert Paul Weston



I had the delight of coming across Zorgamazoo while testing out devices with the ebook service our library recently began to offer. At first, I hesitated checking it out and told myself I would find something else. However, whenever I would go to the recommended ebooks page, it was always at the top of the list. I finally gave in and was swept away with the first two questions in the description section for the book: "Are You a Believer in Fanciful Things? In Pirates and Dragons and Creatures and Kings?" Of course! Who isn't? With that, I had to read the book.

Upon starting the book, I immediately found myself reading aloud because it was so much fun. Mind you, I wasn't reading aloud to anyone. Just myself. And, occasionally, my cat. Though, he seemed rather annoyed with it than appreciative.

Reading the verse was such a pleasure, and it brought me back to my childhood. Particularly, to torturing my mother by having her repeatedly read Dr. Seuss. Favorites: Green Eggs and Ham and Fox in Socks. The latter being pretty brutal with its tongue twisters. Zorgamazoo had the silliness of Dr. Seuss with the macabre of Edward Gorey. Both two of my faves, so combining them was perfect for me. A light read, to be sure, but it's definitely worth a look. 

I enjoyed reading Zorgamazoo,
give it a try and you may too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment